Khozmo Stereo Ladder Stepped Attenuator, 48 step, SMD
Khozmo Stepped Attenuator, Stereo, 48 steps, SMD Ladder version.
Ladder type stepped attenuator
This is where 2 resistor and 2 switch contacts are used per step, making up a unique combination of resistors per step that add up to the impedance of the stepped attenuator you use. Effectively a voltage divider network.
The total series resistance of each two resistor set is equal, so the signal source always sees the same impedance.
- Switching type: MBB (Make Before Break)
- Number of steps: 48
- Attenuation range: -60 dB ... 0 dB
- Attenuation per step: steps 1 to 11 - 2dB, 12 to 48 - 1dB
- Contact material: Hard gold
- Polished wiper and contact pins
- Extremely short signal path
- Channel matching: +/-0.1 dB
- Resistance: 5K, 10K, 25K, 50K, 100K, 250 kohm
- Mechanical life: > 50 000 cycles
- CNC machined PA11 aluminium body
- Precision ball bearing support
- Shaft diameter x length: 6mm x 15mm
- Bush diameter x length: 9 mm x 10mm
- body dimension: 52mm (height, including exposed PCB) x 42mm (width) x 69mm (depth, front to back)
- Indexing angle: 7,2 deg
- Available in 10K and 100K versions.
The resistors are Royal Ohm SMD 1% 1/10W, thin film, metal, surface mount. The stepped attenuator offers incredibly good value and outstanding performance.
How to change torque: Use a 2mm hex key (allen key). Set the position to 24 (start from zero volume and turn up) insert the hex key. Turn clockwise to increase torque and anti-clockwise to decrease torque.