Sprague-Barr Electronics, SBE Inc. have a huge following for audio capacitors. They design and manufacture some of the most reliable film capacitors available today. Their "Orange Drop" capacitors have been around since 1959 and continue to grow in popularity for great sounding, low cost audio capacitors. They offer excellent stability, virtually linear temperature coefficient.
The PS series are their premium audio grade orange drop. They are constructed of polyester film, single section, non-inductively wound with extended foils.
- Extremely low dissipation factor.
- Superb high frequency response.
- Excellent stability, virtually linear temperature coefficient.
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 85 degrees centigrade (at full voltage)
- Voltage Derating: 70% of standard rating at 105 degC; 50% at 105 degC
- Lead Wire: Tinned copper-clad steel, 0.8mm diameter (AWG 20)
- Dissipation Factor: 0.75% Max
- Encapsulation: Conformally coated. flame-retardant epoxy to UL94V-2
- Voltages available: 200Vdc, 600Vdc, 1000Vdc and 1600Vdc
- Values available: 0.0001uF to 0.22uF