Solen PPM Polypropylene 1000Vdc Capacitors
The PPMs use Solen's "Fastcap" technology. The decrease of the film width will decrease by the same percentage the resistivity of the winding and the capacitor transit time, hence the name “ FAST”. The increase of the contact area of the winding ends will increase by the same percentage as the current-carrying capacity.
These two main factors, lower winding resistivity and larger contact area will decrease, by a measurably large amount equal to the “Performance Improvement” percentage, the Equivalent Series Resistance and the Dissipation Factor of the capacitor.
This superior concept significantly improved the electrical and mechanical characteristics of the film capacitor. They deliver a high level of performance that has never before been achieved, which will directly enhance the efficiency of any electronic or electrical equipment. SOLEN polypropylene metallized FAST CAPACITOR™ outperform any other similar capacitors: multi sections, segmented, oval, stacked, ordinary or otherwise, due to their unique short length, large diameter, FAST design.
They have a lower dielectric absorption factor, lower equivalent series resistance, lower inductance, higher resonant frequency, more linear impedance, lower dissipation factor, higher current capacity, faster rise time, unrivalled handling of the fast high current pulse, high-temperature stability, excellent long term electrical and mechanical reliability and a better damped mechanical self-resonance under dynamic signal conditions.
- Special Tubular “Square Aspect Ratio” Type Construction.
- High Conductivity Metallization.
- Soldered Lead Termination.
- High Current Capacity.
- High Frequency and Temperature Stability.
- Excellent Long Term Electrical and Mechanical Reliability.
- No Short Term and/or Long Term Signal Aberration.
- Unrivalled Handling of Fast High Current Pulse.
- Very Low Dielectric Absorption Factor.
- Very Low Equivalent Series Resistance.
- Very Low Inductance.
- Very High Resonant Frequency.
- Ultra-Linear Impedance Characteristics.
- Very Low Dissipation Factor.
- Very High Insulation Resistance.
- Type: Metallized Film Capacitor.
- Dielectric: Polypropylene Film.
- Electrodes: Aluminum Metallized, Vacuum Deposited.
- Construction: Round Tubular “Square Aspect Ratio” Type, Axial Leads.
- Winding: Bifilar Extended Metallized Film.
- Contact: Non-Inductive, Zinc Thermally Sprayed Extended Film.
- Coating: Black Plastic Tape Wrapped, Grey Epoxy Resin Sealed.
- Leads: Tinned Plated Oxygen Free Pure Copper.