The Elekit TU-8200R is the evolution of the wildly acclaimed TU-879S. The TU-8200 has many enhancements that allow the builder to enjoy exquisite tube audio in just a few nights. Following the Elekit pictorial style of instructions makes for straight forward construction.
It has many interesting features, you have the option to use various output valves depending on your taste - 6L6GC / EL34 / 6CA7 / KT88 / 6550. Hence why we do not supply with valves. You have the option of setting up your output in triode, pentode or ultra-linear mode. So if you like to tube roll this is the kit for you. To change output valves with no modifications there is no need to re-bias. Simply swap power tubes and the newly developed "active automatic bias adjustment function" will adjust the bias to the optimal level for each tube. No need to match tubes or manually re-bias ever again. Additionally, it has a headphone output stage the uses the valve circuity inside.
The R-core power transformer supports 4 different voltage environments 100V, 115V, 200V, and 230V so it can be used anywhere in the World.
The TU-8200R is shipped with 2 x JJ 6L6GC power tubes and 2 x JJ ECC82s to get you up and running. Please note however the TU-8200R supports a wide range of other power tubes such as KT66, KT88, EL34, 6550 (and others) with no modifications and no need to re-bias. Simply swap power tubes and the newly developed "active automatic bias adjustment function" will adjust the bias to the optimal level for each tube. No need to match tubes or manually re-bias ever again.
(with 6L6GC fitted)
- Circuit automatically adjusts bias for the optimal operation of each tube
- 3 amplification modes (triode, pentode and ultra-linear) can be selected using PCB jumpers - Ultra linear (8W + 8W) / Triode (4W + 4W) / Pentode (8.2W + 8.2W)
- FET ripple filter on board for power B for both left and right channels
- Overcurrent protection
- High quality PCB with 70um copper traces (double regular thickness)
- Audio Inputs 1 - 2x RCA, Input 2: 2 x RCA / 3.5mm jack
- Audio Outputs - Speaker impedance selector switch - 8-16Ω / 4-6.3Ω Headphone jack at front
For those who wish to buy the component upgrade kit you will need to add the following to your cart when purchasing your kit. (TOTAL for the upgrade kit is £98.49 + vat)
(ELNAS-140) - 330uF 25V Elna Silmic II Electrolytic Capacitor x 2 - LIMITED SPACE FIT HORIZONTALLY
Price (1 off, excluding VAT & P&P) not supplied with IEC lead
TU-8200R - £650.00