Glasshouse Interconnect Cable Kit No.11
This cable features the new Duelund DUAL DCA20GA tinned copper wire, we have put together a very simple but very good interconnect kit with an option on two RCA plugs.
The Duelund DUAL DCA20GA, the new thinner version of the already famous DUAL DCA16GA – A wire born of the desire to improve upon legendary vintage Western Electric WE16GA cable, but using Duelund's philosophy of uncompromising craftsmanship and construction, sonic splendour, palpability, and transparency.
This Interconnect cable has a wonderful natural tone, is well balanced, and makes for very easy listening.
To read the Positive Feedback review of the new Duelund wire, please click HERE
Please note there are 4 choices for the RCA plugs:
Switchcraft black shell, gold plated phono plugs
ETI Research Link Copper RCAs
Duelund RCA Plugs, Gold Plated
Duelund RCA Plugs, Rhodium Plated
Instructions: (for ETI Copper Bullets - this has now been replaced by the new Link version)
- First, cut your length of wire into 4 equal lengths, and strip the ends by 4mm and tin with a small amount of solder.
- Separate all of the RCA plugs, loosen the grub screws and fit the grommets, then gently tighten the screws again.
- Lightly twist the wires in pairs to form each cable.
- Slide one black RCA rear section over one pair and then solder the wires to the Eichmann bullet plug. Try and get the wires to contact the pins on the plug before you start soldering so that you are not pushing the wire onto the pin with the iron, as they will tend to move away again when the iron is moved away but the solder is still molten.
- Mark the other end with a small piece of blue heat-shrink, this will mark the directionality for future reference.
- Check which wire is which with a meter, then solder on the other plug. (slide the rear section of the case over the wire before you solder the wires - often overlooked)
- Repeat the process for the red Bullet plugs on the other twisted pair, again marking one end with blue heat shrink.
- It is always good practice to check your soldering and channels for continuity with a multi-meter before using a cable – even if it seems obvious.
Available from 0.5m pair to 2m pair, supplied as a kit or finished cables (+£35.00)
Contents:(for a pair of 0.5m cables)
- 2m x Duelund DUAL DCA20GA tinned copper multistrand wire in cotton and oil
- 1 x Switchcraft black shell, gold plated phono plug (straight)
- 20cm x HTSB4.8, Black heatshrink 2:1, 4.8mm diameter
- 20cm x HTSB4.8, Red heatshrink 2:1, 4.8mm diameter
- 5cm x HTSB4.8, Blue heatshrink 2:1, 4.8mm diameter
- 0.5m x Mundorf 3.8% silver/gold solder
There is an option to upgrade the RCA plugs to
4 x ETI Research Copper Link RCA Plugs & 4x Eichmann grommets
4 x Duelund Gold Plated RCA Plug
4 x Duelund Rhodium Plated RCA Plug
£32.30 +vat +p&p