Seas L16RNX Woofer, H1488-08 - Prestige Series
L16RNX is a 5” High Fidelity woofer with an injection molded metal chassis, intended for bass reflex and transmission line designs.
Stiff, yet light aluminum cone and low loss rubber surround show no sign of the familiar 500-1500 Hz cone edge resonance and distortion associated with soft cones.
A bumped backplate in the magnet system, together with the very long and lightweight copper-clad aluminum voice coil, allows extreme coil excursion with low distortion. A heavy copper ring below the T-shaped pole piece reduces non-linear and modulation distortion.
Extremely stiff and stable injection molded metal basket keeps the critical components in perfect alignment. Large windows in the basket both above and below the spider reduce sound reflection, air flow noise, and cavity resonance to a minimum. This driver uses Seas SpiderRing® technology.
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Recommended Frequency Range: 45 - 2000 Hz
- Short Term Power Handling: 250 W
- Long Term Power Handling: 80 W
- Characteristic Sensitivity (2.83V, 1m): 85 dB
- Voice Coil Diameter: 39 mm
- Voice Coil Height: 18 mm
- Air Gap Height: 6 mm
- Linear Coil Travel (p-p): 12 mm
- Maximum Coil Travel (p-p): 22 mm
- Magnetic Gap Flux Density: 1.1 T
- Magnet Weight: 0.42 kg
- Total Weight: 1.80 kg
- Voice Coil Resistance: 5.8 Ohms
- Voice Coil Inductance: 0.48 mH
- Force Factor: 7.2 N/A
- Free Air Resonance: 39 Hz
- Moving Mass: 15.3 g
- Air Load Mass In IEC Baffle: 0.62 g
- Suspension Compliance: 1.1 mm/N
- Suspension Mechanical Resistance: 1.88 Ns/m
- Effective Piston Area: 104 cm2
- VAS: 16 Litres
- QMS: 2.08
- QES: 0.44
- QTS: 0.36
PRICE (1 off)