The TubeCap® is made of polypropylene film with several special features. The composite film is incredibly thin with superb self-healing properties these features are markedly pronounced due to a special coating used. This gives a very high electrical strength in a capacitor with such compact dimensions.
The TubeCap® combines a high degree of dielectric strength and low residual inductivity with a very compact form of construction. It has been developed as a high-quality technical alternative to high-voltage electrolytic capacitors and is thus ideally suited to use in tube amplifiers power supplies.
The advantages over electrolytic capacitors are:
- Lower ESR and lower residual inductivity
- No drying out; therefore longer service life
- Excellent Self-healing properties
- More compact form of construction
- There is no series connection necessary
- Dielectric: Polypropylene
- Dielectric strengh: 550-1000 VDC
- Loss factor: tan θ < 0.005 bei 1 kHz
- Sealing compound: PU UL 94-V0
- Useful Life: 100 000 h @ hot spot 60 degree C
- Failure rate: 1 fit
- Cover: 0.5 x Un ; 40 degree C
Check product pages for exact sizes and price.